Engineering courses have been in great demand since the last 6 to 7 decades and continue to be so. Engineering is a challenging stream no doubt and those who opt for it and even manage to get through the difficult admission process still feel a bit apprehensive. They really have to gear themselves up for hard work, dedication, commitment and struggle for three years. In spite of efforts there are some who fail to succeed. Some even quit halfway if they cannot keep up the rigid and tight schedule. Once they keep backlogs they are unable to catch up with time and remain lagging until they are compelled to give up. There are little things that matter much but they help you a great deal in being a successful engineering student.
Here are 10 tips that will help you to become a successful engineering student:
- Be regular and punctual from the beginning. Attending classes regularly is very important. There is no greatness in bunking classes. Do not be influenced by friends in this regard.
- Reserve 2 hours in early morning and 2 hours as per your convenience in the late evening or night for studies. Develop the habit of daily studies. Do not miss a single day as far as possible.
- Take some time off daily for watching TV or taking a walk. Mix with friends. Help them whenever possible so that they will also help you.
- Do not stop indulging in your hobbies and interests. Play the games you like to play or listen to music. Occasionally you must watch a play or a movie. Time spent thus is not wasted; you need change to maintain your mental balance.
- Participate in conferences, seminars, competitions, workshops etc. It helps to enlarge your sphere of experience. It also boosts your confidence. Awards and certificates add weight to your resume when you seek jobs.
- Do not read only for study. Visit the library daily and go through magazines, newspapers or novels that you like to read.
- Be ready for hard work. Consistency in hard work makes a lot of difference. A couple of years dedicated to study are going to change your entire life. These 2-3 years are crucial.
- Select your company carefully. Remain far from friends who do not care for studies or who have different ideas.
- Use money carefully. Do not squander the money earned hard by your parents.
- Be honest with your parents regarding marks, report cards etc. do not deceive them; your parents are the ones who are always going to be by your side.